Applying to Enterprise CarShare is the first step toward becoming a member. You are not eligible to drive an Enterprise CarShare vehicle until you have been approved as a member, regardless of whether someone in your household already has an account.
By submitting this application,
- I authorize Enterprise CarShare to charge a non-refundable $25 application fee to the account-holder's credit card (this fee is waived for all business driver applicants).
- I am certifying that everything stated in this application is true to the best of my knowledge.
- I understand that Enterprise CarShare is authorized to retain this information whether or not my application is approved.
- I understand that Enterprise CarShare is authorized to check my driver license status and that this application will be used to determine my membership.
- I certify that I am at least 21 years of age OR that I am 19-20 years old and agree to provide insurance coverage for the duration of my membership, while I am under 21 years of age. I understand that if I have misrepresented my age, I will be automatically disqualified from use of Enterprise CarShare's insurance. Upon discovery of such information, Enterprise CarShare will terminate my membership.
- I agree to be bound by this application and the terms of the Membership Agreement and the Member Policies page: www.enterprisecarshare.com/philadelphia-policies
By completing this application, you are accepting the conditions set forth in the Membership Handbook.
1. You agree to pay Enterprise CarShare for your usage as well as any penalties, fees, or dues as set out in this Agreement.
2. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to cancel a member's contract in addition to levying the aforementioned penalties if such member fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions in the Agreement.
3. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the rate plans and member agreement from time to time as it sees fit or necessary, without prior notice. Current terms and conditions available online.
4. Every Member must possess a license from your state of permanent residence to join and maintain your membership. If a new license must be obtained to meet this obligation, the new license information must be submitted promptly to our office. You can call or e-mail Member Services to update your license information.
5. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to close, suspend, or move pods or vehicles as needed.
By signing below, you (the Member) represent that the information in your Enterprise CarShare application or reservation is complete and correct in all respects, and you authorize Enterprise CarShare (or its designees) to proceed electronically and to check such information including, without limitation, the undersigned's driving license validity status. You further authorize Enterprise CarShare to charge to the credit or debit card on the application form any fees, penalties, and other charges due hereunder. Finally, you agree and accept all of the terms contained in this Membership Handbook.
Waiver of Liability and Indemnification
The following waiver is included as part of our agreement with the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) and only applies to the use of vehicles located at PPA properties. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and utilize a vehicle as part of the car-share program sponsored by Enterprise CarShare and intending to be legally bound, the Member:
1. Agrees that prior to using a Enterprise CarShare ("ENTERPRISE CARSHARE") vehicle I will inspect the vehicle to be used and the parking lot in which the vehicle is located, and if I believe anything in or about the vehicle or the parking lot where the vehicle is located is unsafe, I will immediately advise ENTERPRISE CARSHARE of such conditions and refuse to use the vehicle.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant in ENTERPRISE CARSHARE will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence, but the action, inaction or negligence of others, or the condition of the ENTERPRISE CARSHARE vehicles and parking lots where the vehicles are parked. Further, that there may be other risks associated with ENTERPRISE CARSHARE not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. Assume all the foregoing risk and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City of Philadelphia (the "City"), its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants,sponsoring agencies, and sponsors, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as "releasees", from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
5. Agree to indemnify ENTERPRISE CARSHARE and the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees, to the fullest extent available under the law for any suit brought against ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants, sponsoring agencies, and sponsors, from any and all liability arising in any way from my role as a participant in ENTERPRISE CARSHARE for any demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by negligence of ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants, sponsoring agencies, and sponsors.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND ASSUME SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITY BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.
By completing your application, you agree to the terms herein.