Applying to Enterprise CarShare is the first step toward becoming a member. I am not eligible to drive an Enterprise CarShare vehicle until I have been approved as a member, regardless of whether someone in my household already has an account.
By submitting this application,
1. I authorize Enterprise CarShare to charge a non-refundable $25 application fee to the account-holder's credit card (this fee is waived for all business driver applicants).
2. I certify that everything stated in this application is true to the best of my knowledge.
3. I understand that Enterprise CarShare is authorized to retain this information whether or not my application is approved.
4. I understand that Enterprise CarShare is authorized to check my driver’s license status and that this application will be used to determine my membership.
5. I certify that I am at least 21 years of age OR that I am 19-20 years old and agree to provide insurance coverage that will continue for so long as I am a member, while I am under 21 years of age. I understand that if I do not provide Enterprise CarShare with my correct age, I will be automatically disqualified from using Enterprise CarShare's insurance. If and when Enterprise CarShare learns that I provided an incorrect age, Enterprise CarShare will terminate my membership.
6. I agree to be bound by this application and the terms of the Membership Agreement and the rules on the Member Policies page: www.enterprisecarshare.com/philadelphia-policies
By completing this application, I am accepting the conditions set forth in the Membership Handbook.
1. I agree to pay Enterprise CarShare for my usage as well as any penalties, fees, or dues as set out in this Agreement.
2. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to cancel my membership in addition to charging me a penalty if I do not comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the rate plans and membership agreement from time to time as it sees fit or necessary, without telling me in advance. The current terms and conditions of the Enterprise CarShare program are available online at www.enterprisecarshare.com/philadelphia-policies
4. In order to become a member in Enterprise CarShare, I must have a valid driver’s license from the state where I live. I must keep that driver’s license in effect for so long as I am a member in Enterprise CarShare. If I need to get a new driver’s license to meet this obligation, or if I replace my driver’s license at any time while I am a member, the new license information must be provided promptly to Enterprise CarShare’s office. I can call or e-mail Member Services to update my license information.
5. Enterprise CarShare reserves the right to close, suspend, or move pods or vehicles as needed, without prior notice to me.
By signing below, I (the Member) represent that the information in my Enterprise CarShare application or reservation is complete and correct in all respects, and I authorize Enterprise CarShare (or its designees) to proceed electronically and to check such information, including, without limitation, checking on my driver’s license validity status. I further authorize Enterprise CarShare to charge to the credit or debit card that was submitted with my application form any fees, penalties, and other charges related to my membership in Enterprise CarShare that I may owe. Finally, I agree and accept all of the terms contained in this Membership Handbook.
Waiver of Liability and Indemnification
The following waiver is included as part of Enterprise CarShare’s agreement with the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) and only applies to the use of vehicles located at PPA properties. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and use a vehicle as part of the car-share program sponsored by Enterprise CarShare and intending to be legally bound:
1. I agree that, before I use an Enterprise CarShare ("ENTERPRISE CARSHARE") vehicle, I will inspect the vehicle to be used and the parking lot in which the vehicle is located, and if I believe anything in or about the vehicle or the parking lot where the vehicle is located is unsafe, I will immediately advise ENTERPRISE CARSHARE of those conditions and refuse to use or drive the vehicle.
2. I acknowledge and fully understand that, as a participant in ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but from the action, inaction or negligence of others, or the condition of the ENTERPRISE CARSHARE vehicles and parking lots where the vehicles are parked. Further, I acknowledge and understand that there may be other risks associated with ENTERPRISE CARSHARE that are not now known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I assume all the foregoing risk and accept personal responsibility for any damages following any such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City of Philadelphia (the "City"), its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants, sponsoring agencies, and sponsors, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as "Releasees", from any and all liability to me and my heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of any injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by negligence of any of the Releasees or otherwise.
5. I agree to indemnify ENTERPRISE CARSHARE and the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees, to the fullest extent available under the law for any lawsuit brought against ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants, sponsoring agencies, and sponsors, from any and all liability arising in any way from my role as a participant in ENTERPRISE CARSHARE for any demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by negligence of ENTERPRISE CARSHARE, its administrators, directors, agents, and other employees; the City, its officials, officers, agents, boards, commissions and employees; and other participants, sponsoring agencies, and sponsors.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND ASSUME SUBSTANTIAL RESPONSIBILITY BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY, WITH FULL UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IT MEANS.
By completing my application, I agree to the terms herein.